Associate in Science in Office Systems with Medical Billing
The Associate Degree in Office Systems with Medical Billing will enable students to acquire the knowledge and skills to work in an environment of automated medical office. It will specialize in the use of medical terminology, procedures and medical office management and processes to perform medical billing transactions efficiently.
- Administrative assistant
- Medical Biller
- The applicant must provide evidence of a standard high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Applicants who have completed previous college level coursework must provide evidence of a standard high school diploma or its equivalent and an official transcript from the transferring institution (this means a document issued by the institution which includes an official seal, generally with a stamp stating “official transcript”).
- If the applicant is enrolling in a bilingual program, before enrolling in any course, applicant may be required to take a language proficiency assessment. Please refer to the AGMU Placement Protocol and the Transfer Credit Policy.
- Send by e-mail a full color front and back copy of a valid identification (government issued ID) with a photo to evidence an address where the applicant resides. This ID can be:
- Driver’s License
- International students may submit a Citizenship card
- or certificate of citizenship (International Students)
Some academic programs may have other specific requirements. Refer to Specific Programs Requirements section in the catalog for more information.
- If a student is required to present a transcript, to validate the high school GPA for entrance in a specific program, it will be a conditional admission until submittal of an official transcript in a 30-days period from the beginning of the course (term).
- If students do not submit the required documentation the admission and enrollment will be canceled.
- If a student does not comply with the GPA for any of the programs, high school grade of interest or re-admission, he will be referred to the admission committee. Federal financial aid is not available to conditionally admitted students.