faq student portal | AGM University

faq student portal


About: Admissions/Application

Students can apply online on the AGMU website.
Admission officers will help students with the Admission Application, transfer credits, and financial aid.
Students will need to submit a copy of a State or Government ID, and transcripts according to degree level.
The admissions document requirements may differ according to the degree level of interest.
1. Evidence of Standard High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Transcripts (if transferring or looking for credit for previous studies)
1. Evidence of Earned Baccalaureate degree
2. Evidence of earned master’s degree (Doctoral)
3. Official Transcripts
4. An updated curriculum vitae or resume (Doctoral)
Students will then move through each step in the enrollment process, including Financial Aid and Registration.
Students may apply at any time during the year, AGMU offers multiple start dates during each semester throughout the year, however there are application deadlines for each start date. Please speak with an Admissions Officer for more information.

Students can submit documentation to the school electronically and/or in person.

Yes, these credits are accepted by the university depending on the program.
No, standardized test scores are not needed. Students may be required to have licensing in their fields according to the program of interest.
Students can electronically or physically submit their official and/or unofficial transcripts to an educational representative to review. Unofficial transcripts are accepted according to the program of interest.
Once documentation is received, it is processed immediately, but it may take 24 to 48 hours to show on the internal system.
The student will receive a notification with the admission decision, the student can track their application by contacting the admission office.

About: Financial Aid

Financial aid is money to help students pay for college. There are different types of financial aid offered including Grants, work-study, loans, scholarships, and other types of funding based on availability that will help make attending a higher learning institution affordable.

The Financial Aid Office distributes its funds to students according to their financial needs and availability of funding.

Tuition Cost US & International Residents (Credit Cost) PR Residents (Credit Cost)
Tuition CostDiploma Programs/ Certificate Programs US & International Residents (Credit Cost)$250.00 PR Residents (Credit Cost)$180.00
Tuition CostUndergrad Program US & International Residents (Credit Cost)$300.00 PR Residents (Credit Cost)$190.00
Tuition CostGraduate Program US & International Residents (Credit Cost)$480.00 PR Residents (Credit Cost)$260.00
Tuition CostDoctoral Program US & International Residents (Credit Cost)$580.00 PR Residents (Credit Cost)$375.00
Tech Fees US & International Residents PR Residents
Tech FeesFall and Spring Semesters US & International Residents (Credit Cost)$260.00 PR Residents$260.00
Tech FeesSummer Semester US & International Residents (Credit Cost)$130.00 PR Residents$130.00
Students must apply for funding on the FAFSA website for the university to decide if funding is available according to each students’ financial needs.
Federal School codes:
Online: G42404
International Students are required to self-fund educational finances because there is no U.S. Government Financial Aid available, but international students may receive scholarships or aids from their home countries. The institution will also aid students in the certification process.
  • FCWS: The federal Work-Study program helps college kids who are truly in need of money to get a job.
  • FSEOG: A federal scholarship awarded to students in the undergraduate college program. It does not need to be reimbursed.
  • PELL Scholarship: Limited to students who have not obtained their first baccalaureate degree, or who are enrolled in certain graduate programs.
  • Subsidized Direct Loan Program: The Subsidized Direct Loan is available to students enrolled at the undergraduate level and is based on financial need. While attending a higher learning institution, the Direct Subsidized Loan will not accrue interest.
  • Direct Unsubsidized Loan Program: The Direct Unsubsidized Loan is available to students enrolled at the undergraduate or graduate level and is not based on financial need. The Direct Unsubsidized Loan will begin to accrue interest from the moment the first disbursement occurs.
  • Direct Parent Plus Loan Program: The Direct Parent Plus Loan is available to parents of undergraduate students enrolled at least part-time, classified as dependents, according to the regulations of the Federal Department of Education. Since it is not based on financial need, it will begin to accrue interest from the moment the first disbursement occurs.
Yes, these credits are accepted by the university depending on the program.
Direct Subsidized Loans are available only to undergraduate students who have financial need. Direct Unsubsidized Loans are available to both undergraduates and graduate or professional degree students. Students are not required to show financial need to receive a Direct Unsubsidized Loan.
Amounts can change yearly. The maximum Federal Pell Grant award is $6,495 for the 2021–22 award year (July 1, 2021, to June 30, 2022).
The amount provided to the student will depend on
• the Expected Family Contribution,
• the cost of attendance (determined by the school for the specific program),
• student status as full-time or part-time and
• students plan to attend school for a full academic year or less.
It can take 3 days to 3 weeks for the FAFSA to be processed, depending on whether the FAFSA was submitted online or offline, whether the FAFSA was signed with an FSA ID and whether you provided an email address on the FAFSA.
Once the application is processed, students will receive a copy of their Student Aid Report (SAR), which summarizes the information provided on your FAFSA. If there is any missing or incorrect information, then students should complete or correct their FAFSA as soon as possible.
If none of these options work, contact us at 1-800-4FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) and tell the customer service representative exactly where you're seeing the error message during the FAFSA® process.
After submitting the application for financial aid, students will receive a financial aid award letter from the college(s) to which they have applied, typically in early to mid-April.
Students must complete the FAFSA application, once approved for funding the student can call the Financial Aid department at AGMU for any position available through the work study program.
Military veterans and eligible dependents are eligible for GI Bill (Chapters 30, 33, 35, 1606 y 1607) Students must apply online https://www.va.gov/ and also register through e-benefits http://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ where the student can find updated information about the benefits/ services offered, update direct deposit accounts, personal contact information, download letters and documents and see the current status of your payments.
The beneficiary must comply the requirements of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs before applying.
Funds are distributed each semester.
Depends on fund availability through each semester.
Tuition and fees are billed to the student through student portal/internally. Student will have access to the financial plan and payment process through the portal.

About: Academic

Each student is different, but each program is set to a specific time according to the credits necessary to complete.
AGMU offers a total of 73 programs: 9 certificate programs, 8 associate programs, 23 bachelor programs, 29 master’s programs and 4 doctoral programs of which 24 will be available online.
Yes, transfer credits are accepted from previous accredited institution but are evaluated the transferable credits and if they meet the degree program requirements.
The university was established 72 years ago in Puerto Rico and has grown extensively throughout the years with a total of 3 campuses in P.R. and 4 campuses within the United States. The University also offers programs online in both Spanish and English. 125k grads!
Yes, AGMU is accredited by Middle State Commission on Higher Education and has all accreditations and licenses necessary to be recognized as an institution of higher learning in the United States.
The school is licensed and accredited by MSCHE, LICENSED BY THE Commission for Independent Education (CIE), Florida Department of Education, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, Licensed by The Office of Registry and Licensing of Education, Puerto Rico Department of State, National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA), and the International Association for Continuing Education & Training (IACET).

The faculty must follow the standards/guidelines provided by the MSCHE by providing students
with learning experiences that are characterized by rigor and coherence at all programs, certificate, and degree levels, regardless of instructional modality. All learning experiences, regardless of modality, program pace/schedule, level, and setting are consistent with higher education expectations characterized by the accreditation board.

The university was established 72 years ago in Puerto Rico and has grown extensively throughout the years with a total of 3 campuses in P.R. and 4 campuses within the United States. The University also offers programs online in both Spanish and English. 125k grads!
Yes, the school also assists the interested student with the application process and credit transfers to complying with the regulations of the U.S Department of States.
Any standard computer or laptop with a reliable internet connection should be sufficient. Tablets are generally sufficient but not recommended.
Students can access the annual undergrad and graduate catalog on the AGMU website.
English courses are offered and is associated with the curriculum/program of studies.
GED courses are not offered at AGMU; however, we have a list of institutions and centers where students can obtain additional information depending on the area of residence.
There is no proficiency level needed as a requirement. Language proficiency placement tests are used to incorporate the student to the appropriate level according to the test results. This helps students develop and enhance their second language acquisition at academic.
Your participation in your courses is tracked through completion of assignments, participating in discussion posts, and watching or reading lecture material. You must complete all assignments by their due dates to be marked as attended in your courses.
Immediately reach out to your retention officer to notify them. Continue to do any work that you are assigned in the course. Your retention officer will connect with the Academic Director to provide an update on the faculty member.
Your faculty member. Any questions you have related to your course should be answered by your faculty member.

About: Other Topics

These students will also need to follow the admission requirements described on the website and can apply for I-20 student visa; students will need to self-provide their educational funding.
High school diploma is required by the school students must contact the institution for more information about other documentation needed and is based on each individual student.
A bilingual university is defined by satisfying one of the following elements: (1) all courses are given in both languages; (2) a part of the program is in both languages; or (3) all students are required to take some courses in one language and some in the other language.
  • Step 1: Complete and submit the online application
    The application will be processed after the prospective student has spoken with an Admissions Officer that has reviewed their information and conducted an interview.
  • Step 2: Submit required documents
    After completing the application, the student will receive an email with specific instructions for submitting required documents based upon the student type. For more information about requirements, visit the Admissions pages.
  • After clicking submit, you can track your application status by contacting the admissions office.
  • You will receive an admission decision once we have received all supporting documentation.
  • Transfer students will receive a transfer credit summary once admitted.